Wonders of Creation Series - The Weather BookAges: 4+
Author: Michael Oard
Retail Price: $15.99
'The Weather Book' starts with the "big picture," our place in space, and explains how each of the various weather conditions play a role in our daily lives. Learn how thunderstorms build, hurricanes are formed, tornadoes destroy, and about crazy weather phenomenon. Whether you live near the equator, a polar region, or somewhere in between, knowlege of the weather is important. Included are fascinating insights to weather in the past, including Noah's flood and the Ice Age, and weather in the future. Safety tips are given for dangerous weather situations and instructions for building a weather station. The Weather Book is the first book in the Wonders of Creation Series. Other topics include geology, astronomy, archaeology, and oceanography.
The Weather Book will teach you:
- Why our exact distance from the sun allows life on earth.
- How the weather on the other side of the earth affects you.
- How clouds form and how to identify the different types.
- What the difference is between a cold and warm front.
- Why you can often see lightning long before you can hear thunder.
- How to build your own weather station.
- How to survive in dangerous weather.
- What the greenhouse effect and the ozone hole are.
- What Noah’s flood and the Ice Age have in common.
- How weatherpersons forecast hurricanes and tornadoes.
- How to read a weather map.
- What our responsibility is to the environment.