The Fallacy Detective Revised EditionAges: 12+
Author: Nathaniel & Hans Bluedorn
These are fallacies:
“A cloud is 90% water. A watermelon is 90% water. Therefore, since a plane can fly through a cloud, a plane can fly through a watermelon.”
“This new book, The Fallacy Detective, must do a good job teaching logic. It has been on the bestseller list for months.”
This book was written to meet the needs of Christian parents who want a do-able text for introducing logic and critical thinking to their children.
- Fun to use – not dry like a math textbook.
- Self-teaching – not intimidating, starts students with skills they can use right away.
- Each lesson has exercises for students, with an answer key at the back.
- Covers logical fallacies and propaganda techniques. We divided the most common fallacies and propaganda techniques into thirty-six lessons. We explain how you can spot fallacies, and we give exercises to stretch your abilities for detecting fallacies.
- Geared for ages thirteen and older – we suggest using The Fallacy Detective before advancing onto more difficult logic programs.
- Includes The Fallacy Detective Game, giving you and your friends an entertaining way to spot and make up your own examples of fallacies.
- 2009 Edition introduces the special pleading and slippery slope fallacies.